A great looking smile can make all the difference when it comes to not only the health of your teeth and gums but your overall health as well. With Invisalign clear plastic aligners, our preferred Denver Invisalign dentist, Dr. McGinty can improve the health and appearance of your smile. A straighter, healthier, and more dynamic smile has never been easier to achieve. Contact our office today to schedule an Invisalign consultation with our dentists today!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Your custom-made clear Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible and fit securely over your teeth.
Just like traditional metal braces, Invisalign works to straighten teeth gradually by applying gentle pressure to move teeth vertically, horizontally, and even rotating them when necessary. Invisalign aligners are designed to apply just the right amount of force in the right place at the right time.
Every few weeks, you’ll receive a new set of custom aligners that will help ensure your treatment plan continues on schedule.
Invisalign aligners are crafted from an incredibly durable and highly engineered material that’s designed to withstand daily use, while also shifting your teeth into their desired position.
Why Choose Invisalign?
Invisalign offers a number of advantages when compared to traditional metal braces that include:
- Shorter treatment times. With a new aligner every couple of weeks, you’re on the way to the healthier, straighter looking smile you desire in no time.
- Improved fit, better comfort. Invisalign’s custom-made clear plastic aligners are designed to fit perfectly over your teeth. With no uncomfortable brackets or wires poke or pinch your cheeks, our Denver Invisalign patients experience less discomfort.
- Discreet treatment. Instead of straightening your teeth using metal brackets and wires that obviously standout, Invisalign uses clear aligners that are nearly invisible. This allows you to discreetly complete your treatment with most people never knowing you ever received orthodontic care.
- Eat what you want. No brackets or wires means that you don’t have to avoid eating your favorite foods during your Invisalign treatment. Simply remove your aligners before eating to enjoy whatever you’d like.
- Improved oral care. Brushing and flossing while wearing traditional metal braces can require the use of special flossers, theaders, and brushes to adequately clean around wires and brackets that can easily trap food. With Invisalign, simply remove your aligners and brush and floss as you regularly would.
- Schedule your consultation with Denver Invisalign dentist, Dr. McGinty, to find out more about what Invisalign can do for you!
The Invisalign Treatment Process
1. Schedule Your Consultation
Choosing Invisalign to meet your orthodontic needs is an important decision, and it’s vital that you select the right Invisalign dentist in Denver. At McGinty Dental Group, we are a Preferred Invisalign Provider, which means Dr. McGinty has the experience, knowledge, and skill necessary to ensure your treatment is a complete success.
2. Developing Your Custom Treatment Plan
Dr. McGinty will begin your treatment plan by taking an impression of your teeth using a digital scanner. This will allow us to create a set of aligners perfectly designed to meet your individual oral needs.
Once an impression has been taken, Dr. McGinty will begin to develop your treatment plan, including the exact movement of your teeth and how long you will need to wear each aligner.
3. Your Invisalign Aligners
Your custom-made Invisalign aligners are fabricated using advanced SmartTrack® materials. They’re nearly invisible, so that most people will never notice you’re even wearing them. It’s recommended that wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and only take them out when eating and brushing.
4. Tracking Your Progress
As you wear each new set of aligners, you’ll teeth will gradually shift into their desired position. Depending on your rate of progress, Dr. McGinty may recommend that you wear a new set of aligners every week and that you schedule checkups and exams every six weeks.
At each stage of your treatment, you’ll be able to see the remarkable difference Invisalign has made to the health and appearance of your smile.